After my first Stitch Fix, I was eager to receive the second. I hoped the stylists would make note of what I liked and did not like from the first “fix”- resulting in a box in which I would love all five items. (You receive a discount by purchasing all five. Bonus!) Unfortunately, this was not the case. I was sort of disappointed in my Stitch Fix this month.
Below is a rundown of my thoughts and final decision.
- Black Silk Blouse: At first sight, I did not think I would like this item. My closet is full of dark colors and I would like to change that.. plus, it’s spring! However, after trying it on I did love the way it fit and I could really see it pairing well with a nice pencil skirt for work. (Keep)
- Pleated Button-Down Top: This is the first of two long sleeve tops in my fix, which surprised me as I live in Houston, TX and we are entering Spring. Long sleeves come out on rare occasions these days. I did not like the fit of the top at all. (Returned)
- Simple Sleeveless Blue? Dress: I did not even care to try this dress on, but I did anyway. Of course, it was too big and just completely unflattering. (Returned)
- Jacquard Print High Waisted Cropped Pant: Another disappointment. In my style notes from my first fix, I let them know that I am not a fan of high waisted pants. The jeans sent to me previously were not “high-waist” jeans, but just too high for my taste, so sending something that is described as a high waist and cropped.. not ideal for my short and petite frame. (Returned)
- V-Neck Sweater: The second long sleeve item in my fix this month- however, I did like the fit and style. I’m not sure when I will be able to wear it, but it’s still a keeper. (Keep)
Summary: Kept 2, Returned 3. Although I kept more this time than my first shipment, I was disappointed in the selection. I wonder if the stylists actually pay attention to the notes or if its just part of the gimmick. I decided to revise my style profile and ask for less casual items and more “date-night”, so hopefully that turns up something more fruitful! We shall see.
Interested in trying it out for yourself? Use this link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4751996
Info about Stitch Fix (pulled directly from their website): Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!